Bystander to Upstander Training
November 10 5:30 - 7:00 pm | Bethel Lutheran Church (Room 115)
The AntiRacism team at Bethel would like to invite you to join us for a free interactive, scenario-based training and learn how to interrupt bias in the moment. This event is held in partnership with the Rochester Diversity Council and hosted at Bethel Lutheran Church in room 115.
Bystander to Upstander trainings include:
- General instruction in bias interruption.
- Courageous listening exercises.
- Culturally-specific insights and role-playing with tips.
- Real tools for effective de-escalation, respectful intervention, and social accountability.
- Tactics for engaging in safe/effective conversations.
- Resources and tools for expanding the dialog.
- Spaces to discuss hate and bias in our organizations and beyond.
- Group exercises that provide opportunities for individuals to work through incidents with peer coaching and continual dialog, building a repertoire of responses.
Scenario cards, response tipsheets, group feedback, and professional assistance are provided in these authentic skill-building sessions.
QUESTIONS: – Contact Pastor Anjanette Bandel firstname.lastname@example.org or Kristi LaPlante 507-358-0422.